Rainforest Cafe Chicago – Food, Activities, Inside Views & More
The concept of rainforest cafes is slightly new, and the Rainforest Cafe Chicago stands out as the best choice for nature admirers. Furthermore, it is designed to recreate the atmosphere of a tropical rainforest, equipped with waterfalls, fog machines, and animal species.
The artificial forest is spread across the walls and ceiling of the cafe, while artificial rock is employed to decorate the lower areas and diner chairs. Now, isn’t that fantastic?
Let’s check out the background of Rainforest Cafe Chicago:
The Story Behind Rainforest Cafe Chicago
A restaurant chain with a rainforest design called Rainforest Cafe was founded by Landry’s, Inc. of Houston and established by Steven Schuster. On February 3, 1994, the first store in Bloomington, Minnesota, of America opened. Interestingly, six restaurants were part of the chain by 1997, all located in the US. In June 1997, the first international branch opened in London, England.
Inside the Magnificent Rainforest Cafe Chicago
Here are some essential features of the cafe and a view of how they are decorated for the guests to admire:
- There are artificial-themed nature and animal figurines, including tigers, orangutans, jaguars, elephants, butterflies, and gorillas.
- The gift shop area has a crocodile and a python display to attract visitors.
- An animated tree face called Tracy Tree is displayed in a way that it acts as a shop worker and provides information about the rainforest.
Apart from these attractions, the Rainforest Cafe Chicago also features artificial tree trunks, giving it an antique look. Furthermore, there is a waterfall and fountain in the dining area and a statue of Atlas holding up the Earth. Significantly, some paper mache birds and butterflies are hanging from the trees, seemingly climbing the walls and looking through the forest.
Good Place for Student Groups and Tourists
Student group tourists learn about Chicago’s history and culture in addition to tasting the city’s cafes. There is nothing better than Rainforest Cafe Chicago to enhance an educational tour experience. A tropical rainforest, equipped with greenery, waterfalls, and life-size native wildlife, is re-created at the Rainforest cafe. It emphasizes educating school groups about the world’s rainforests and endangered species and sends a message to save the planet’s ecosystem.
Events at Chicago Rainforest Cafe
Rainforest cafe Chicago not only provides an all-inclusive experience to the tourists and locals, but it also hosts some amazing and fun events from time to time. Check out these events hosted by Chicago’s Rainforest Cafe and choose the best one for you:
- SPIRITLANDIA: Day of the Dead River Parade comes with a Prix-Fixe menu and spectacular views of elaborately decorated floats and costumed riders that you can enjoy with your loved ones. You can also request a kid’s menu if you are visiting with your family.
- Cha! Cha!’s Halloween Spook-tacular event is something you might now want to miss. It comes with an elaborate kid’s buffet for an affordable price of $15.99. Moreover, you can play games, take part in giveaways and enjoy the pre-planned activities here at Rainforest Cafe Chicago.
- Boos & Ghouls Eat For 99¢ On Halloween is a costume party for kids where you also get PRE-TRICK-OR-TREAT EATS!
- Journey Through the Jungle is a space where you get to try all the new dishes like Sirloin Stroganoff Ravioli with Sirloin steak, roasted wild mushrooms, quattro formaggi ravioli, stroganoff sauce. This is a specialty created by Chef Aliou Dore. There is Butter Pecan Salmon and Bourbon BBQ Ribs and Shrimp on the menu, created by Chef Chris Oliver. Significantly, there is the Shrimp platter, bacon wrapped stuffed meatloaf, specially curated by Chef Ed Cox. You can pair these with a selection of new drinks like Strawberry kisi lemonade, tidal wave and hurricane.
- The Shine & Shimmer On where you can choose from a variety of drinks like RAINFOREST CAFE Blood Orange Lemonade, T-REX CAFE Watermelon Lemonade, and YAK & YETI Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade. Furthermore, you can also create a rainbow by choosing your favorite characters from the Rainforest Cafe Chicago.
The Appetizing Menu
Apart from begin the most attractive cafes, the Rainforest Cafe Chicago is more than just treat to the eyes. The fantastic blend of drinks and specially curated menu is something you don’t want to miss. Let’s have a look at the specialties:
- AWESOME APPETIZER ADVENTURE with Chimi-Cha-Chas, Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Cheese Sticks, Chicken Strips
- CHILE CON QUESO
- SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP
- CHICKEN STRIPS
- BEEF LAVA NACHOS with Peppers, onions, black beans, Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions, sour cream, pico de gallo, salsa
- CHICKEN QUESADILLAS – Cajun Chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo
- MOZZARELLA FLATBREAD WITH ARUGULA – Marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese topped with arugula, tomato & shaved parmesan salad, balsamic glaze
- The Special Sea Food -TASTE OF THE ISLANDS with Caribbean Coconut Shrimp, dynamite scallops and shrimp, blackened tilapia topped with pineapple salsa, seasonal vegetables
- FISH-N-CHIPS, and FRIED SHRIMP
- SHRIMP TACOS
- FISH TACOS
- ALOHA SALMON & SHRIMP – Hawaiian glazed salmon and shrimp, seasonal vegetables, Jasmine rice
Apart from these amazing food options, the Rainforest Cafe in Chicago also serves the best of pasta. Here are some of the pastas in the menu:
- PASTALAYA comes with a spicy option and shrimp, sautéed chicken, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, andouille sausage, hot & spicy Cajun sauce, linguini
- RASTA PASTA with sautéed chicken, broccoli, red peppers, spinach, garlic, penne pasta. You can choose Pesto or Alfredo sauce to go with it.
- ANACONDA PASTA – gluten sensitive pasta, with local garden vegetables, mushrooms, basil, shaved parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, white wine tomato sauce
- CREOLE MAC N CHEESE – shrimp, andouille sausage, peppers, red onion, cheese sauce, chili butter bread crumbs. You can get it with penne pasta and enjoy it at the cafe.
Address: Rainforest cafe Chicago, 6170 W Grand Ave, Gurnee, IL 60031, United States
The Rainforest Cafe not only offers the best experience for its visitors, but it also provides a scenic atmosphere where people can enjoy their food. We hope that this article gives you all the information about the most fascinating cafe in Chicago with the best of food and events.
Check out Regal Buzz to find out more things to do in Chicago.